Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS Barracuda integration

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS Barracuda integration

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:07 AM

I have been looking for this but haven't been able to find anything solid in the Forums. I have a Controller based network running AOS 6.4.4.8 which is serving an employee network using WPA2 Enterprise with Windows 2012 NPS as the RADIUS server back end authenticating against Active Directory.

There is also a Barracuda Web Filter inline between the .employee network and the Internet. It is integrated with Active Directory in such a way that they block user access to Social Media networks on the wired network unless the user is in a specific Active Directory group. Does anyone know of a way to pass the Windows group attribute from the Aruba Controller to a Barracuda so that I can do this same sort of thing on the wireless side of the network?

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS Barracuda integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:39 AM
    What does the barracuda use for communication with other devices? RADIUS? API?

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS Barracuda integration

Posted Jul 14, 2016 03:16 PM

There is a Barracuda DC software agent installed on the Domain Controller whch enables the Web Filter to make calls against AD/LDAP.  I originally thought that this would work for wireless clients as well because, to my thinking at least, once they are on the wireless network they are just a client, but I was apparently wrong.