Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

Posted Apr 09, 2020 10:38 AM

Using Aruba VIA with certificates to authenticate.  Having trouble finding the exact command to allow only one connection per certificate at a time.  That way more than one person can't use the same certificate or two devices can't use the same certificate.  Yes there are other controls in play to assure they don't.  Want to add a limit if possible.  6.5.4.13 Code.  Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2020 11:42 AM

There are no controls on the Aruba side for VIA connections for the same user.  That is typically something you would limit on your radius server using radius accounting.

• 3.  RE: Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

Posted Apr 09, 2020 11:54 AM

Thank you for the response, however are are not using a radius.  We are using certificates and the controller determines if they are properly signed and also performs revocation checks.  Want to ensure that users (using certs and not login's) can only use that cert for a single VIA session at a time. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2020 12:06 PM

I am not aware of a way to mandate that only a single session be used on the controller with the same username except for captive portal.

• 5.  RE: Aruba VIA Maximum Connections per user

Posted Apr 09, 2020 03:42 PM

It might be that we are not thinking the same, and I am not really the smartest apple on the tree.  We use username/password combo's but only to grab the via profile.  We are not using wireless at all.  The controller's purpose is to terminate VPN Tunnels using via.  Authentication method is certificates.  I want to limit one certificate per device so that two devices cannot authenticate at the same time using the same certificate.  Devices being Aruba VIA running on a Linux Workstation.  And thank you so much for looking at this for me.