Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status

Posted Dec 14, 2018 01:17 PM

Client status in ArubaOS 6.5 used to have specific information about an AirGroup Client/Server interaction to display why a client may or may not be able to discover an AirGroup Server. Is information still available in the WebUI for ArubaOS 8.X or was it removed? Screen shot below.

pastedImage.png

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 15, 2018 06:02 PM
    The way to configure Airgroups is changed between arubaOS 8.1 and 8.2. From 8.2 you configure it from managed device folder or node under services.

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status

Posted Dec 17, 2018 08:37 AM

@mkk wrote:
    The way to configure Airgroups is changed between arubaOS 8.1 and 8.2. From 8.2 you configure it from managed device folder or node under services.

Hi mkk,

That's related to the configuration settings, not the "status" statistics of Airgroup. Although that was a good idea ( I checked each level), but still the "Airgroup" client status is no where to be found. I took a screen shot of 8.2.1.1 vs 6.5.3.6. I'll open up another TAC ticket, but had wanted to check if this was a feature missing in 8.X.X.X - similar to management of netdestination aliases being missing in the WebUI.8 vs 6.5.png

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2019 10:52 AM

Unfortunately, TAC has informed me that this information is not available in the Dashboard of AOS 8.X - nor is this information available via CLI Commands. TAC is looking into raising a feature request in 8.x, although I suggested this should be a defect due to how important this information is and that it was available in 6.5. Due to the complex nature of troubleshooting mDNS/SSDP - Airgroup - the loss of this information unfortunately has caused a large delay in proving/replicating with TAC that Defect 167812 (Airgroup shared user-list case-sensitivity) - resolved in 6.5.3.4 - has returned in the 8.X Code.

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 8 - AirGroup - Why Not Accessible Status

Posted Jan 24, 2019 11:03 AM

Co-Engineer submitted idea to Innovation Zone and our Aruba TAC has also raised the feature/voted. Feel free to help with voting this tool back into Aruba OS 8.X. :-)

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/WLAN-I-1075