Security

ArubaOS Built In Certificate renew

hi,

my Aruba Controller Built-in Certificate has expired in 11 auguest 2017, could any one tell me to witch version i should upgrade my controller to get a valid certifcate.

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Re: ArubaOS Built In Certificate renew

You should not be using the default certificate. You need to acquire your own

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Cappali,

thank you for the answer , i know that i do not have to use it, i need to use it , because my customer can't bay a public certificate.

so could you tell to witch version I need to upgrade my Controller to get it, or not ?

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

You cannot use the default certificate in a production environment.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Cappali,

I should not and i know the risks, now if you now a version of arubaos that it have a valid certificate tell me .

and any way thanks for your advices.

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

Guru Elite

There is no valid certificate. They're self-signed and cannot be used.

I'm talking about the built in certificate , i use to work with it  but it have expired in 11/08/2017.

for the seconde time i know that i should not use a buit in , but  i need to use it.

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

Guru Elite

It was revoked last year. You need to provide your own certificate.

cappalli

i read your article

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Instant/ta-p/275814

do you have any tutorial to generate a cerificate with lets encrypt

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

Guru Elite

No. LetsEncrypt is not recommended as it requires a renewal every 90 days. You can get a standard certificate for around $4.99.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: