Security

Occasional Contributor II

Authentication via Browser

I want to use web based authentication i.e captive portal for my clients .But clients must have a static ip address.Also they should always ask for a login screen next when users next-time login.

Guru Elite

Re: Authentication via Browser

Having a static ip address is not really compatible with mobility in general.  I can understand having a static address on the wired side, but they need a static ip address on the wireless side too?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Super Contributor II

Hi CJoseph,

Its seems very interesting case. Can we resolve it via Mobility ?
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA

Yaa they too required IP addess at wireless connection.Kindly help us in resolving this issue.

Guru Elite

Before we go too far down the path with trying to make a captive portal work with static up addresses, can you please let us know why static ip addresses are needed on the wireless?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

We require Static IP address because in our network there are many phishing attacks/ various types of virus attack,So to identify the clients them we have confgiured static IP's for clients

Super Contributor II

Although, You can identify the clients from MAC addresses as well.. but there must me some solution to support static IP's

How many VLAN's & IP Subnets are configured for Wireless Clients ??
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA

There are 4 VLAN and 4 IP Subnets are configured for Wireless Clients.

Guru Elite

Did you already configure the captive portal?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

I have configured the captive portal,But it is not asking me for the captive portal screen.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: