Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto-Send Approval Requests to Multiple Sponsors

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Auto-Send Approval Requests to Multiple Sponsors

Posted Oct 16, 2018 04:30 PM

In an organization making use of self-provisioning with sponsor approval, and which has a very large number of people designated as sponsors, would it be possible to send all sponsors the same access request email? Thus far I have only managed to accomplish this with just one sponsor by forcing an initial value for sponsor_email field on the self-registration page.

Users will not know the sponsors' emails, necessitating the auto-sending of any access requests.

Using Clearpass ver. 6.7; any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

• 2.  RE: Auto-Send Approval Requests to Multiple Sponsors
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 04:32 PM
    You’d need to use a distribution list.

• 3.  RE: Auto-Send Approval Requests to Multiple Sponsors

Posted Jul 12, 2019 09:40 AM

Hey Tim, is it possible to discribe how to do that? 

I'm still struggeling with this :)

Thanks for your help

• 4.  RE: Auto-Send Approval Requests to Multiple Sponsors

Posted Dec 04, 2019 03:05 PM

I echo Freddy with another thought as well can you do a conditional  approval chain to where as if after the first email is sent to the automatic sponsor for that ap-group if that sponsor doesnt approve within lets say 2 minutes it will trigger an automatic sponsor next on the list of possible sponors for that AP-group and it will continue until it gets approved instead of sending it to multiple people all at once.  And it would send a follow up email to those it already emailed saying this sponsor approved this request.

@FreddyG wrote:

Hey Tim, is it possible to discribe how to do that? 

I'm still struggeling with this :)

Thanks for your help