Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

Posted Jan 24, 2019 11:41 AM

Hello,

We have a lot of trouble with students and staff joining our guest network. This network is extremely locked down and doesn't allow access to a lot of things a student or staff member may need.

I was taking a look through the email receipt options for our guest portal and notcied I can auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set. What I am looking to do is to send a reciept with instructions on how to join the staff/student SSID to anyone who creates a guest account using their work email (bill@ourdomain.edu).

Is there any way to have it look for a certain keyword (ex. ourdomain.edu) or anything like that, and have it send an email receipt to them?

• 2.  RE: Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 12:34 PM
    I would recommend just rejecting those domains for self-registration and providing a custom error message that states to go to the other network.

• 3.  RE: Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

Posted Jan 24, 2019 12:35 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. What would be the easiest way to go about that?

• 4.  RE: Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

• 5.  RE: Auto-send guest receipts by email with a special field set

Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:48 PM

Awesome, thank you. Now if there was only a way to prevent them from going back and entering another email to bypass it...