Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Avaya 802.1X VoIP Phone with Aruba Switch and CPPM

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Avaya 802.1X VoIP Phone with Aruba Switch and CPPM

Posted Sep 27, 2018 01:41 PM

Hi, what is the best practice for an 802.1X environment where the PC receives the network of an Avaya IP phone which I am interested in having the phone by MAC-Auth to assign its Voice Vlan, it is necessary to install the certificate on the telephone switch or on the phones? or is it not necessary? Clearpass if it authenticates me and assigns the Role only "Offline" because it does not have an IP Voice Network, in the Switch it appears as "W 09/27/18 12:15:29 05204 dca: ST1-CMDR: Failed to apply user role to macAuth
                 client 6CA84988233B on port 1/15: user role is invalid. "
    The pc works well for me in 802.1X.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Avaya 802.1X VoIP Phone with Aruba Switch and CPPM

Posted Sep 27, 2018 07:00 PM
    Can you please share your user role configured on the switch config and the RADIUS attribute you are returning from ClearPass ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Avaya 802.1X VoIP Phone with Aruba Switch and CPPM

Posted Sep 27, 2018 09:31 PM

Thanks for answering,
    Annex configuration information in the Switch and the Access tracker in Clearpass, what I want is for MAC to send the VLAN ID to the phone, but in the Switch does not assign the Role so I know that my configuration is wrong on the side of the Switch Aruba since Clearpass does "login" but sees it "offline" because it does not have a network. I would like to know which side I have the wrong configuration or that I should add because the Switch does not give me the Role or the Vlan ID.
    Again, thank you very much for answering.
    Greetings.

Attachment(s)

txt
    Show_Run.txt   5 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Avaya 802.1X VoIP Phone with Aruba Switch and CPPM
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2018 11:40 PM
    Please follow the instructions here:
    https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=28803

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile