Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

BYOD

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  BYOD

Posted Jul 31, 2013 03:14 PM

a Customer needs  BYOD functinalities 

most imposrtant is Quota management ( give Cetain Fixed BW to a user , but  force this BW to user even if user is connecting from multiple devices ... ex : if user limit is 1 M  & he connected from PC , IPAD & LapTop , then he should get total of 1 M for all )

the question is :

is this function mentioned above doable with Aruba ?  how will i identify that this is the same user connecting from different machines ?

what is BYOD Check list/Questionarire by which i can check with customer what BYOD features he is interested in ?

• 2.  RE: BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2013 10:20 PM

When it comes to download limitations. CPPM can trigger off of total download, Time online, Device count and a few others but it does not control the bandwidth a user would use. That would be setup in your controller/AP/Switch/Firewall.

CPPM can trigger roles that are residing in those device but can not enforce the limits on our own.

For example in my lab I have a role in my controller for students that only get a 5 meg up and down bandwidth for each device, but again that is enforced by the controller I just trigger that role based on the user or device.

band.png

bandwidth.png

• 3.  RE: BYOD

Posted Aug 01, 2013 10:59 AM

Thanks alot 

i understood that , CPPM will trigger & Controller will limit

For the point of :

if user limit is 1 M  & he connected from PC , IPAD & LapTop , then the target is to limit him to get total of 1 M for all ( not 1 M for each )

the question is :

is this function mentioned above doable with Aruba ?  how will i identify that this is the same user connecting from different machines & if identified will i be able to apply such limit ?