Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Basic Clearpass deployment question

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 29, 2014 11:24 AM

How do I send a successful authentiction (specfically a vsa) from the new version of cppm (guest)?

I am finding the integration between the two products confusing, due to my lack of familairity

I have used a template and I have got the captive portal set up and get the splash page and authenticate, but in accesstracker I see no output from the authentiction attempt, except an enforcement profile (which is positive), also a little concerned the controller's nas id is not in the packet, so if it sends back a vsa I guess the role change may not go into effect.

has anyone come across similair situation?

thanks

• 2.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 29, 2014 12:06 PM
    Basically I am bit getting the role change on the controller after successful webauth on the captive portal

• 3.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 12:31 PM

Nik,

Are you using a username and password that is already defined?  The controller has a Default Role in the L3> Captive Portal Authentication Profile that users will get if no VSA is sent back.  Are you saying that you are not happy with that role and you want to change it, or do you want to send back a different role for a different class of users?  A simple positive authentication will have users placed into the role in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile..  Do you want to define a different role to be sent back via VSA?

• 4.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 29, 2014 12:47 PM
    That would be perfect. But where do I define the nas? In the old amigo pod you defined these manually. There are no options like this anymore. I also have multiple controllers that may need this authentication accept message.

• 5.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 12:50 PM

You define the NAS in ClearPass under Configuration> Network > Devices.  As long as you have it defined there, you do not have to specify the NAS in the service...  ClearPass will process an incoming authentication request from any device in the Network Devices list.

• 6.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 29, 2014 01:03 PM
    Great OK I will check my config work there and I guess if I need a specific vsa I can just customise the enforcement profile?

• 7.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 01:09 PM
    Yes. You just add add an Aruba-User-Role vsa to your enforcement profile.

• 8.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 29, 2014 01:10 PM
    Great stuff thanks again for your help

• 9.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Right, what is happening is I am not getting any entries on the access tracker.

When I put a proper password in the captive portal on my windows machine it hangs and goes to a http 404 and on my linux test machine i get a access denied in the redirected url

any ideas?

• 10.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 30, 2014 10:34 AM

I get precisely the same error if I login successfully to the login page during the page testing

I reckon it looks like the controller is not passing it's IP address to the weblogin

• 11.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2014 10:37 AM

If you are not getting entries in access tracker check the event viewer to see if there are any errors or issues in there. 

• 12.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Thanks - checked there and no thing apparently relevant

I'll open a case and work with TAC then post up what happened - anyone got any ideas before that -  please feel free to share :)

• 13.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Thanks a million to cjoseph

• 14.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Jan 30, 2014 03:19 PM
    I will post up a diagram and explanation soon

• 15.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 08:21 AM

Hi NIk... Am facing the same issue... can you see the Alerts in Access Tracker? Tell me if anything needs to be enabled in clearpass?

• 16.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 08:58 AM
    Make sure the "add switch ip" tick box is checked so any CoA is sent to the right controller and that you have you rfc3576 servers defined under the right authentication profiles.... with correct keys!!!!!

• 17.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 08:59 AM
    Oh yep this was a controller problem... nothing to do with cppm just my config work on the controllers

• 18.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 09:12 AM
    Am using iap and trapeze controller... I already enabled rfc in iap but still it's not showing any alerts in clearpass and am not sure how to enable rfc in trapeze controller....

• 19.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 09:30 AM
    Ok so what's your deployment scenario? Captive portal?

• 20.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 09:35 AM
    How many controllers have you got... I have not even heard of trapeze sorry but guessing it works on radius if you want to bounce some ideas around? Did you get anything in the cppm event viewer btw?

• 21.  RE: Basic Clearpass deployment question

Posted Apr 10, 2014 09:40 AM
    Trapeze now known as juniper wireless.. of course dot1x will work with trapeze.. I have both captive portal and dot1x in my scenario... Nothing in event viewer as well....