Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Blacklisted user cleanup ad midnight

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Blacklisted user cleanup ad midnight

Posted Jun 20, 2014 02:14 AM

Hi,

actually i've some enforcment profiles that blacklist my user when session or bandwith limit is exceeded.

The question is:

in clearpass where and how i've to configure the blacklist "purge" at midgnight?

because my limit are daily so if someone has been blacklisted yesterday today has not to be present in the blacklist (and now the user stay blacklisted for more than 24hours and i've to remove them manually).

regards

• 2.  RE: Blacklisted user cleanup ad midnight

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 02:25 AM
    Its based on your account lifetime.

So if your guest account has a setting of 7 days and 100 meg and they use that 100 meg in 2 days they will sit in the blacklisted table until the 7 days are up.

• 3.  RE: Blacklisted user cleanup ad midnight

Posted Jun 20, 2014 03:03 AM

hi,

actually i've a unlimited account lifetime because i cannot delete the account, they have to be persistent but they have to be blacklisted if they exceed the limit and the blacklisted user have to be flushed at midnight.

maybe a scheduled pgsql script?

it's possible in some way?

• 4.  RE: Blacklisted user cleanup ad midnight
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 30, 2014 02:14 AM

Support reply me that "blacklisted users will be deleted after 24 hours during the clean-up interval", so not every 24hours, after 34 and before 36 :smileyhappy: