Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Branch deployment (Gotchas of EAP over Internet) + Multiple branch with same private IP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Branch deployment (Gotchas of EAP over Internet) + Multiple branch with same private IP

Posted May 25, 2015 01:14 PM

Hello I am involved in mulitple branch deployment connected via Internet to Head office where ClearPass will be located. Two issues I am dealing with for 802.1X designing EAP-PEAP for Corporate users. 200 Branches.

1. Branches have IAP's. I want to use EAP for Corporate users. I have been told that I cannot simply run EAP in scenario below. I must do some kind of tunnel from branch IAP to head office. 

Branches have IAP with (Private IP address)> .....<Internet Public IP>.........<(Private IP) Head office ClearPass location.

If this is true. It means, I must add a controller at the head office to do site to site VPN.

2. Above scenario (tunnelled) creates problem for us. Currtly multiple branches have same IP addresses assinged.

Can I deploy without tunne? if not, how do I resolved the multi - branch same private IP address issue.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Branch deployment (Gotchas of EAP over Internet) + Multiple branch with same private IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2015 01:18 PM
    You would need a small controller and you would set the RADIUS source IP as the inner address of the Instant side of the tunnel.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Branch deployment (Gotchas of EAP over Internet) + Multiple branch with same private IP

Posted May 25, 2015 02:30 PM

Hi Tim,

Clarification need from your response. I will need a samll controller at the branch location or head office?

and how I deal with my issued number 2. Mulitple branches with same private IP addresses. Tunnel will creat problem?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Branch deployment (Gotchas of EAP over Internet) + Multiple branch with same private IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 03:02 PM

Controller at the head end office and you'd have to get creative with NAT to use the same IP space everywhere.