Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk approval for numerous guests

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Bulk approval for numerous guests

Posted Nov 15, 2019 10:54 AM

We are going to very shortly deploy ClearPass in our environment globally (been using standard Captive Portal for many years).

We are configuring it so the host/sponsor needs to approve each request.  One question that did come up was what if there is a large meeting i.e. 20 people and everyone wants internet access.  Naturally they will fill in the 'web-form' and click register and the host will get 20 emails asking him/her to approve each request.  Is there an easy way for the host to basically 'approval all' or do they need to approve each request individual?  It has to be easy as the host can be anyone from the business so may not be very tech savy.

Hope my question makes some sense.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Bulk approval for numerous guests

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2019 08:55 PM

an alternative to this could be to generate a bulk number of guest accounts prior to these meetings.  could you integrate the provisioning process with a visitor registration system like Envoy or Sine?

• 3.  RE: Bulk approval for numerous guests

Posted Nov 19, 2019 03:40 AM

Thanks,

We are going to look (as part of the roadmap) into adding links to meeting invites so guests can register for an account before they come to site.  We are also going to investigate linking ClearPass to a 'visitor' system so when they register at reception and fill in their details, they will also automatically get a guest account - all this is quite a way off.

I was hoping that there was a quick and easily solution for this.  It sounds like I just need to make the community aware that (for the time ebeing at least) that if they have organized a meeting with multiple external guests that they will receive a number of emails asking to approve each guest.

thanks