Security

d.p
Contributor I

Bypass guest portal for specific MAC address

Currently users on the guest wireless are redierected to the aruba captive portal and have to enter a u/p to connect.  If I wanted to allow a certain MAC address to access our guest network and bypass the captive portal how would I go about doing that?  Is it even possible?

TIA

Guru Elite

Re: Bypass guest portal for specific MAC address

Yes.  you can do that through mac authentication.

In the ArubaOS user guide, chapter 19 details how to do mac-based authentication.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue and can not get this to work.  I have some clients that I need to bypass the splash/log on screen of my captive portal.  I followed the instructions from the user guide and still get the splash screen.

Guru Elite

Use user derivation rules.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_62_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/User_Role_Assignments.htm?Highlight=user-derivation

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: