Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CLEARPASS Network Devices Attributes

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  CLEARPASS Network Devices Attributes

Posted Mar 26, 2020 05:16 AM

Hello,

I know it is possible to use Device Attributes in a Service Rule,

But we also would like to use NAD Device Attribute values in an Enforcement profile

The question is: is this possible?

And if this is possible how can we get access to these atributes

• 2.  RE: CLEARPASS Network Devices Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 08:16 AM

The NAD "attributes" appear in the AccessTracker event's Input-->Computed section. In my example I have Device:Device Type, Device: Device Vendor and Device:Location. I believe these can be referenced using %{Device:Location}. Hence, you should be able to use these to differentiate the policy assigned to say a 2930 switch v CX.

Annoyingly the Vendor information is not natively available. Though it shouldn't be too hard to use the XML to add attributes.

• 3.  RE: CLEARPASS Network Devices Attributes

Posted Mar 26, 2020 11:45 AM

Got it, thanx!

• 4.  RE: CLEARPASS Network Devices Attributes

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:25 AM

You can always add your own device attribute to use for enforcement. You can also define your own Device attribute by going to Administration > Dictionaries > Dictionary Attributes. Click on add new, choose a Entity type of device, and choose a Data Type of String. Name your attribute, and then click Add. See attached screen shots.