Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Hi I have few questions,

I am building network for client demo and want to show him downloadable roles with (QoS, ACL and so on) from Clearpass.

I have evaluation CLearpass server with self signed  https certificate, Wired Policy Enforcement guide says that I need to install clearpass root ssl certificate to swtich trusted anchors repository.

I downloaded Clearpass self signed SSL certificate root from web browser and try to push it to switch over tftp, but switch do not accept it,

I tried all certificate types : der, base-64, pem, p7b but it only says that

"Aruba-2930F-8G-PoEP-2SFPP# copy tftp ta-certificate DEMO 192.168.77.92 DEMO.crt

000M Transfer is successful
Invalid Trust Anchor certificate.
Aruba-2930F-8G-PoEP-2SFPP# Invalid Trust Anchor certificate"

Can someone  explain whhat I am doing wrong?

Guru Elite

Re: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Self-signed certificates are not supported.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor II

So for Clearpass downloadable roles demo deplyoment I need to buy public SSL certificate? Really?

Guru Elite

Non self-signed != Public

It can be from an internal PKI or ClearPass itself, however, it is very rare to not have a public HTTPS cert for ClearPass as it is require for many functions.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: