Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

Posted Feb 15, 2013 10:38 AM

Hello!

Got a self-registration portal with password sendt as SMS to the supplied cellphonenumber.

Now - to avoid internal users using the guest network for their various devices we have a long list of known cellphonenumbers that should be check as a blacklist which should stop registration.

I know you can check for validPhoneNumber and edit the array there, but thats sorta difficult to maintain. The list is already in a php serverpage so ideally it could make a check against this before allowing the registration to complete.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

• 2.  RE: CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

Posted Feb 15, 2013 02:34 PM

I don't think this is currently supported with the validation architecture today.  You could file an RFE for this type of functionality if you had a bit more detail (by "PHP serverpage" I assume you mean some kind of HTTP based lookup would be used to determine if the phone number is on the blacklist or not?)

• 3.  RE: CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

Posted Feb 15, 2013 03:48 PM
    >>>>by "PHP serverpage" I assume you mean some kind of HTTP based lookup would be used to determine if the phone number is on the blacklist or not?) Exactly right. But without that feature - would it be possible to have several thousand numbers in the validation array for the field?

• 4.  RE: CP Guest - check blacklist for self-registration

Posted Feb 15, 2013 05:56 PM

@jsolb wrote:
     would it be possible to have several thousand numbers in the validation array for the field?

In principle, it is possible.  In practice, the management of that could be somewhat of a challenge.