Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPG - Automatically closing an Apple Captive Network window?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CPG - Automatically closing an Apple Captive Network window?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 08:33 AM

All,

I'm working with a customer and an interesting request came though. They asked if it is possible to automatically close Apple's Captive Network window once the user has Guest access?

The workflow would look like the following:

1. Guest connects to the network and a wireless captive portal window appears (working)

2. The Guest clicks the accept button and has Guest-level privileges (working)

3. The redirect page currently pops up and the user has to click the "Done" button in the browser window.

For #3, they were looking for that to automagically happen.

I have played around with some of the auto-submit code from the Arubapedia site, but I haven't gotten it work. 

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

• 2.  RE: CPG - Automatically closing an Apple Captive Network window?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2017 08:36 AM
    It's very inconsistent and not something that can really be controlled on the network side. Sometimes it disappears, sometimes it doesn't. (Typical Apple)

It seems to depend on which site it uses for the connectivity check.

• 3.  RE: CPG - Automatically closing an Apple Captive Network window?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 09:28 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for jumping on the thread. Yep, I definitley know the joys of working with Apple's CNA...

The question, for me, is can we add some javascript to a receipt page, or to a redirect page, that triggers the CNA page to close automagically? We could even do a redirect to a locally hosted CPG page that just contains code to close that page. I hadn't thought of it until I was typing it, but that may be a way around this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-Mike