Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPG- Error 500

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPG- Error 500

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi Everyone, just started to expirience this issue with our ClearPass Guest, we use CPPM as a Radius dot1x to gain access to our corp network, we setup a custom Guest Portal that allows the HelpDesk Team to create new devices, basically add MAC address to a whitelist for new computer being provision, I was checking the logs from the Clear Pass Guest Administration/Support/Application_log and found out that only is happening with the HelpDesk Group, we use the "Device Registration" profile for HelpDesk and "Super Administrator" role for domain Admins group.Gues Manager.PNG

Create Device.PNGbrowser error.PNGerror client.PNG

In the device Registration settings we use a custom setting for the Guest Manager Operator privileges that allows only to see specific fields on the Guest Creation Web Page, looks like could be a Postgress Issue?, just want to touch base and see if someone have a similar issue. Only happens if you clic the "Manage Devices" that I believe is pointing to "guest/mac_list.php" list. When I login as a Super Administrator this does not happen. 

P.S. This error started like two weeks ago, we hadn't applied any patches to ClearPass, and we do not use amigopod. ClearPass Version 6.6.9.102777

• 2.  RE: CPG- Error 500

Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:32 PM

I have come across a similar issue and the solution was to navigate to the specific Operater Login Profile and remove the Roles assigned.

Administration > Operator Logins > Profiles

Select and Edit the Profile

Scroll down to User Roles and uncheck the check boxes for Roles for the operator profiles(uncheck Contractor, Guest, Employee)

And save the profile.

Thanks,

Prat

• 3.  RE: CPG- Error 500

Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:40 AM

Patch 10 fixed the issue with the Guest Portal, I just installed the new version and it's working fine.