Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 07:12 AM

Hi,

Anyone got CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs Guide ? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

please assist me to deploy and make it work...

the guide i found speaking regarding amigopod...and it's dosent helping at all...

thanks in advance.

me

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 08:14 AM

Anyone Please?

• 3.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2013 01:04 PM

Hi

I guess you're trying to configure Clearpass Guest. If that's the case, the only significant difference between CPG and Amigopod in terms of networking design is the fact that in CPG 6.0 the service port is used for https and radius traffic. 

Apart from that, you just have to configure the "RADIUS" part in CPPM and the web part in CPG. You can look up the details in the following link. http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=9029

I hope this serves you, if not, just tell us where you're having trouble and we'll see how we can help you out.

Regards

• 4.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 01:37 PM
    A.Thanks on the Info.
    B.I have issues ,i'am unable to configure an account for the colubris unit to do accounting in front of the CPPM (radius).
    ...(yes i know&aware amigopod is diffrent world/gui from the CPPM 6.X)...
    C.I added the Colubirs as a device (nas) to the CPPM and configure the shared secret on the Colubris itself,but in order to do accounting like it needed on the colubris - i must build a user for that...and there i'm stick - everything else working just fine...

• 5.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 01:42 PM
    The Doc u sent me got no new info 4 me,and also,dosent contain no info regarding Colubris configuration in front of CPPM. ( I dont have any issue in the ClearPass Guest part...)

• 6.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 01:46 PM

This Part - i cannot find where to configure it in the CPPM: (all th rest is fine)

1.PNG2.PNG

• 7.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 01:47 PM
    Is there anyone in the world that ever got CPPM to work with Colubris ? an example will be great.

• 8.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2013 02:13 PM
      |   view attached

Ok, I think I got it.

You no longer configure NAS devices in CPG, that's done in CPPM under Cofiguration > Network > Devices.

Please see the attached screen capture.

Regards

• 9.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 05, 2013 02:25 PM

as I wrote before,already configure it.. But more config is,needed in order to make the colubris unit to be able to do accounting ...

• 10.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2013 10:04 PM
    What AP and firmware are you using? I have an older colubris AP I could test here but I need to know the model.

• 11.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 01:51 AM

Colubris 3000 | Colubris 3200 <OR SIMILIER> they all working and needing the same config.

or

HP Colubris 710

HP Colubris 720

i'm very sad that aruba writing that CPPM supporting more vendors..and when i'm trying to configure it,i'm losing 3 days....because no one on aruba did it before... :(

• 12.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2013 02:39 AM

I understand your frustrations but when the vendor is not longer in business and is now merged with another product its not an easy task for us to show you have to configure another vendors end of life equipment...

You have the option to open a case with TAC if you cant get the information from airheads. You need to remember this is a Aruba and customer driven social site where everyone can come and collaborate on ideas, issues etc.

TAC is there for you to call 24/7 and get immediate help with Aruba products.

The issue you seemed to be running into sounds like you are not able to get accounting information from Colubris.. Is that correct??

The equipment I have is a 720 and 330. I was able to setup the AP and send accounting information with no problems. Do you have interim accounting set to true in CPPM?

Go to Administration » Server Manager » Server Configuration 

select your CPPM server

go to service parameter tab

in the dropdown select radius and scroll to the bottom and change the "Log Accounting Interim-Update Packets" TRUE

What exacatly are you trying to do?

Use CPPM for 

1. Guest

2. 802.1x

3. mac auth

• 13.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 07:28 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the deatiled answer.
    I also open a TAC few days ago...(Before i open here post)
    Regarding what i'm trying to achive ..is Guest auth... on Colubris 720 unit.

• 14.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 08:36 AM

This is the error i'am keep getting when try to log with good user via colubris..:

Capture.PNG

• 15.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 08:52 AM

This is the error in ClearPass

Capture22.PNG

Capture.PNG

• 16.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 09:09 AM

You probably check this already but have you tried using 1645 and 1646 for the ports setup instead of 1812/1813

• 17.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 06, 2013 09:17 AM

It's not a port issue...the 1812/1813 are configured also in the colubris unit:

and i can see Green light on the colubris unit..so the auth is working...but aint working fine :)

Capture3.PNGCapture44.PNGCapture55.PNG

• 18.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2013 09:36 AM

The error you are getting in the access tracker is showing that the auth request is not being classified in a service so it will always send a reject. You need to check your services that you setup in CPPM.

• 19.  RE: CPPM 6.X integration with Colubirs? Anyone? *Not Amigpod..it's not the same gui/guide*

Posted May 25, 2013 12:53 PM

yep, the service classification would be the first issue to solve, the section on AVpairs might be solved by selection the correct dictionaries, CPPM has a lot of them, might be colubirs is there already.