Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM CRM Database Error

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM CRM Database Error

Posted May 16, 2014 08:31 AM

Hey,

Logged into our CPPM this morning just to check the status and found a rather unsettling error being displayed under Administration > Agents and Software Updates > Software Updates

Software_Updates_0001.png

I confirmed that our CPPM has Internet access and it was receiving updates until around 4 am this morning. Thats when this error first appeared.

Any suggestions on what might of caused it and how I can go about correcting it? I had planned to open a ticket, but I thought I would check here first.

Thanks,

Cheers

• 2.  RE: CPPM CRM Database Error

Posted May 16, 2014 09:01 AM
    I think there's an SQL patch for that in the support site but I am not 100% sure

• 3.  RE: CPPM CRM Database Error

Posted May 16, 2014 09:13 AM

Thanks for the response!

I checked the support site I have access to, but did not see any patches for SQL.

I do see a new patch listed for the Struts2 security vulnerability but that is it.

We have yet to move to the newest version of CPPM. We just upgrade to 6.2.6.

Maybe I should open a ticket with support.

• 4.  RE: CPPM CRM Database Error

Posted May 16, 2014 10:03 AM

2014-05-16 10_03_13-Tools & Resources.png

• 5.  RE: CPPM CRM Database Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 10:04 AM

The MySQL patch is for custom MySQL authentication sources. This looks like a system-level issue. I would wait to hear back from TAC.

• 6.  RE: CPPM CRM Database Error
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2014 08:43 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks for posting the image of the SQL patch.

We have the Dell OEM'ed version of CPPM so we don't have access to the same software portal :smileysad:.

I ended up creating a ticket.

I did a test though to try and figure out where the problem might be.

1. I went to clearpass.arubanetworks.com and clicked the link that requires a valid Subscription ID, I entered our Subscription ID as the username and password and was able to download the files.
    2. I went to clearpass.dell-pcw.com (this is the Dell download site), and performed the same procedure. Upon hitting the Log in button I was immediately prompted to submit the credentials again.

I suspect that there was something wrong with Dell's download site, either with the site itself, or (once again), with our Subscription ID.

I have checked this morning and everything seems to be working again. I am waiting to hear back to see about the status.

Cheers