Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:09 PM
    Hi Airheads Community, Good Day! I am new here and a bit new in this technology. I would like to ask something about my setup, I am currently running in CPPM cluster mode with 1 Primary Publisher and 1 Standby Publisher. I also have 24 subscribers connected to my publishers. Now, I want to integrate MDM for the BYOD. Do I need to integrate it to all nodes (publishers and subscribers) or in the publishers only? Also, do CPPM will download the data from the MDM or CPPM will just do a lookup? Thanks

• 2.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:11 PM

All configuration happens on the publisher. You only configure the EMM integration on the publisher.

The active publisher will download the endpoint information from the EMM provider.

• 3.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:17 PM
    Hi Capalli, Good Day! Thanks for the fast feedback, if the publisher will download the endpoint information from the MDM/EMM, how much is the total endpoints that can handle the CPPM? Thanks

• 4.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:40 PM

There is no hard count.

• 5.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:02 AM

Hi cappalli,

Good Day!

Meaning no limitation? Does the hard disk of the appliance and the VM version of ClearPass can handle roughly 360,000+ endpoints including its MDM attributes? This number of endpoints came fom the MDM because someone told me that once we integrate the CPPM to an MDM, the CPPM will download all endpoints including the its MDM attributes from the MDM server and stores it in the CPPM's local drive.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:04 AM

We have customers with millions of endpoints.

• 7.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:12 AM

Hi cappalli,

Good Day!

Thanks for that fast reply. Here is my next concern, let us say I successfully integrated my CPPM to MDM and CPPM downloaded the massive volume of endpoint database from my MDM.

The question is, does those endpoints can authenticate concurrently or it will still depends on the license that we bought?

Thanks

• 8.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:16 AM

Endpoint database != license count. You can store as many endpoints are required. Licensing is calculated based on authenticating endpoints.

Are you working with your Aruba or partner account team?

• 9.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi cappalli,

thanks again for the help.

Meaning if I bought CP-25K appliance or VM, my CPPM can only authenticate 25K concurrently?

But how about 1 endpoint successfully authenticates, does that endpoint will still hold the 1 license count or it will release it?

Thanks

• 10.  RE: CPPM Cluster Design + MDM Integration