Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

CPPM Onboard Single point of failure

I'm having a doubt. After I deploy Clear pass in a network and configure it to dynamically push configurations for the authenticated switches such as Vlans and ACLs (Consider all the devices are Comware) what happens if the clearpass hardware device fails. How will the switches get the configurations. Will there be a single point of failure? How can we overcome it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: CPPM Onboard Single point of failure

CPPM is AAA server used for authentication/authorization and accounting. We can push enforcement profiles to NAD devices based on rules we set in enforcement policy.

If you have standalone CPPM server in event of failure , all authentications will fail to avoid this we always need standby CPPM serer if event of failure standby will take over and start processing auths.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: CPPM Onboard Single point of failure

CPPM is AAA server used for authentication/authorization and accounting. We can push enforcement profiles to NAD devices based on rules we set in enforcement policy.

If you have standalone CPPM server in event of failure , all authentications will fail to avoid this we always need standby CPPM serer if event of failure standby will take over and start processing auths.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: