CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication
10-13-2019 10:53 PM
I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the current best practice is to handle User & Machine Authentications against Active Directory with CPPM. More specifically, how to differentiate between the following scenarios and apply different roles for:
- Successful Machine Auth & Successful User Auth
- Successful Machine Auth & Failed User Auth
- Failed Machine Auth & Successful User Auth
I've found some good documentation with very specific configuration, but some is 3 - 5 years old so don't want to go down the rabbit hole if ClearPass now has inbuilt methods to make this easier.
Bonus points for any links or examples :-)
Re: CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication
10-13-2019 11:37 PM - edited 10-13-2019 11:37 PM
This 1 is still vald:
You can give any enforcement you would like based on a user auth, machine auth, or combination of both.
Only user auth is basicly BYOD. Only machine auth is just a corp laptop without an active user session, so in that case give it a role with access to AD and maybe some important antivirus/update servers.
- - - - Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -