Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication

Posted Oct 14, 2019 01:53 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the current best practice is to handle User & Machine Authentications against Active Directory with CPPM. More specifically, how to differentiate between the following scenarios and apply different roles for:

1. Successful Machine Auth & Successful User Auth
    2. Successful Machine Auth & Failed User Auth
    3. Failed Machine Auth & Successful User Auth

I've found some good documentation with very specific configuration, but some is 3 - 5 years old so don't want to go down the rabbit hole if ClearPass now has inbuilt methods to make this easier.

Bonus points for any links or examples :-)

Thanks heaps!

-Brett

• 2.  RE: CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 14, 2019 02:37 AM

This 1 is still vald:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/How-to-MACHINE-AND-USER-AUTHENTICATION-IN-WINDOWS-WITH-CLEARPASS/td-p/227580

You can give any enforcement you would like based on a user auth, machine auth, or combination of both. 

Only user auth is basicly BYOD. Only machine auth is just a corp laptop without an active user session, so in that case give it a role with access to AD and maybe some important antivirus/update servers.

• 3.  RE: CPPM Policy to check successful User & Machine Authentication

Posted Oct 15, 2019 06:30 PM

Thank you Fabian,

I've seen this but wasn't sure if it was still valid. I will give it a go within the next week or so and report back.

-Brett