Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Services, Enforcement Objects, ect Cleanup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM Services, Enforcement Objects, ect Cleanup

Posted May 03, 2013 04:23 PM

In regards to Services, Enforcement Policies, Enforcement Profiles, Roles and Role Mappings in CPPM; is there a way to find those objects that are not being used with-in CPPM? On the other side, is there a way to find where they are used with-in CPPM?

In regards to Services, is there a way to tell how many times a service has been used?

Reason I ask, is I am wanting to cleanup unused objects, services, profiles, etc and I am curious if there is a way to do this with-out a lot of mouse clicks.

• 2.  RE: CPPM Services, Enforcement Objects, ect Cleanup
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2013 11:31 PM

If you try to delete a source/method/role mapping/policy/profile CPPM will check to see if it is being used in a service. As of today it will not warn you if you delete a service.

We don’t have the generate reports on service use internally but I believe you could send syslog information to a server and run analytics on the data that was collected. 

screenshot_01 May. 03 22.25.gif

• 3.  RE: CPPM Services, Enforcement Objects, ect Cleanup

Posted May 07, 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks Troy, that is good to know. I will look at the syslog route as well.