Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues

Posted Feb 03, 2017 11:54 AM

Recently we setup a guest network using the sponsored guest feature. After initial setup it worked as we wanted it and the sponsor (me) was receiving the email. We are rolling this out to 10 sites. As I began to test this at each site I found an issue. I'm having intermittent issues with the sponsor receiving the email from the guest. What happens is at any given time and at random times when a guest gets the self registration page and fills out the form, once they click register the sponsor does not get the email and the guest is waiting for confirmation. When you go into thte messaging setup in CPPM administration and try to send a test email the test email fails. An hour later, the email will go through and can also send a test email successfully in CPPM without any configuration changes. This happens daily and at any given time. We use gmail for our email so it's smtp.gmail.com. When the test email and sponsor email fails I can ssh into the clearpass server and ping & nslookup without issue to smtp.gmail.com. I'm going to include a series of screenshots just as a visual. Thanks for any help.

failed test email from cppm

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.08.19 AM.png

Ping/nslookup from cppm

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.08.08 AM.png

Event log fail

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.03.45 AM.png

Success

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.00.09 PM.png

Event log success

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.00.29 PM.png

• 2.  RE: CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 12:03 PM
    Do you have the smtp.gmail.com certificate installed in the ClearPass trust store?

• 3.  RE: CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues

Posted Feb 03, 2017 12:10 PM

This?

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 12.08.54 PM.png

• 4.  RE: CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 12:20 PM
    In most cases, you need to add the smtp.gmail.com certificate itself, not
    the root.

• 5.  RE: CPPM/Sponsored Guest Intermittent Email Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2017 09:57 AM

Following the advice on the following post worked for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-use-Gmail-as-SMTP-server-on-CPPM/ta-p/185226