Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

Posted Aug 07, 2013 01:32 PM

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a safe way to 'replace' the default '[Policy Manager Admin Network Login Service]' with a service that would authenticate domain accounts instead of local accounts.

This service can't be edited and I am hesitant to move this service from it's default location (1) for fear that I will end up locking myself out of the CPPM while I test.

I would like to use an LDAP group for admins that can login '/tips'. Currently it is setup for local accounts only.

I was thinking of using the same method used to do the "Guest Operator Logins" service.

My only fear though is the definition of the service. The only thing that filters the '[Policy Manger...]' service is the 'NAD-IP-ADDRESS'. I suspect I would have to put my custom service before the default service to do testing, but if I get the definition of the service wrong I could end up locking myself out of the CPPM. I think anyway...

Does anyone have some recommendations I could try to set this up? Or is it not recommended?

Thank you,

Cheers

• 2.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2013 01:35 PM

Create a TACACS policy and put it above the TIPS policy. In that policy you can map AD groups to the built in TIPS roles that the next service will evalutate.

tacacs-rollmap3.PNG

tacacs-rollmap.PNG

tacacs-rollmap2.PNG

• 3.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

Posted Aug 11, 2021 04:22 PM
    Does this setup require an Access license, or does a standard server Platform license suffice?

------------------------------
    Ed Santora

• 4.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 03:11 AM
    TACACS requires 100 Access Licenses or more to be present for the feature to be enabled, but does not consume the licences (unmetered).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2013 01:35 PM

This can be done...just copy that default service and in the new service add BOTH the LDAP server and the admin user repository as authentication sources so you don't get locked out while testing.  Meaning...admin/eTIPS123 will still work.

• 6.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

Posted Aug 07, 2013 01:39 PM

Oh wow.. I am dumb..

I didn't think of doing that honestly and I don't know why!

Thank you guys for the suggestions!

I will start testing right away!

• 7.  RE: CPPM - Tips access with LDAP account

Posted Aug 08, 2013 09:19 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Worked perfectly.

I was able to create the service and successfully test the login using an LDAP account and I did not lock myself out of the system!

Cheers

P.S. I would mark both as "the solution" but I don't think that I can :(