Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Upgrade Strategy

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM Upgrade Strategy

Posted Dec 09, 2014 02:45 PM

Hi,

Current CPPM Version: 6.2.6.62570

I have fallen behind on the CPPM upgrades and would like to get caught up.

I have 5 patches and 2 upgrades that need to be installed.

I was reading in the release notes that Aruba recommends we install all existing patches before upgrading.

My intent was to install patches in the order shown below.

CPPM_Big_Upgrade_001.png

I am wondering about the Upgrades though.

I have read that I can go from our current version directly to version 6.4.0.x. Is this advisable?

Or should I do the 6.3.0.x first?

I was also wondering if I can pre-download all of the upgrades? I am a little concerned about the available disk space to hold all of them.

On a side note, I know that for 6.3.0.x and 6.4.0.x I need to add a new disk for 500GB.

Thank you,

Cheers

• 2.  RE: CPPM Upgrade Strategy

Posted Dec 09, 2014 08:44 PM

So two different questions here.....

s/w Upgrade..... you can go straight from 6.2.6 to 6.4.0, then you have to apply the 6.4.x patch you require.... 

VM Disk requirements.... please review the changes to the disk layout/allocation before you upgrade.... these are fully documented in the VM install guide/release notes on the support site.

• 3.  RE: CPPM Upgrade Strategy

Posted Dec 10, 2014 07:53 AM

So I should actually install the s/w Upgrade to go from 6.2.6 to 6.4.0 first? Then check for any additional patches for 6.4.0 that might pop up after upgrade?

Sorry to repeat myself I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Yes I have been looking at the requirements.

We will need to add a new disk of 500GB based on the vmware image of ClearPass we have.

Thank you,

Cheers

• 4.  RE: CPPM Upgrade Strategy
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 10, 2014 10:40 PM

Hi,

This was probably a stupid question but I wanted to make sure I got it right.

Anyway, I went ahead with the upgrades.

I ended up going with what the documentation recommended and installed the patches from within the current release first.

I then install the Upgrade to go to 6.4.x

At that point the subscriber was completely cut off (which I wasn't expecting, but understand why). I then upgraded the subscriber.

Once both CPPM's were on the same version, I installed the new patches within the 6.4.x verion stream.

All went well and the servers are both up and running....and I still have all my hair :D

Cheers