Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM and device informaiton

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM and device informaiton

Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:23 AM

Where is the best place to see what informaton CP knows about a device in order to then use some of this information to build policies?

IIs it limited to just info found withintin the endpoint repostiroy, or can you also use info found within the Request Details>Input>Computed attrreibutes form for the device in Access Tracker?  

Ive seen similar devices, using the same enforcement profiles and onbaorded in the same way, showing from very limited device attributes, to more comprehensive info with the Identity>Endpoints section of the Config.  So for example, two ipads, I would expect to show very similar attrivutes, but one may have 2 or 3 fields, the otehr abotu 20.  Is there any reason for this?

Also, is it possible to remotely wipe a device? Ive seen  some conflicting informaiton, and just wondered if it was possible without MDM integration, so just to devices that had ben directly onboard with CP.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: CPPM and device informaiton

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:29 AM
    Either Endpoints or in access tracker as you mentioned. ClearPass does not have the ability to wipe devices as it does not manage them.

• 3.  RE: CPPM and device informaiton

Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:35 AM

Thanks..

What is meant by this I found in an online doc...

Triggering Actions Performed on Endpoints

To trigger actions that are performed on endpoints, select an endpoint by clicking the check box and click the Trigger Server Action button from the Endpoints page.

For example, locking a device, triggering a remote, enterprise wipe, and so on.

The following figure displays the Trigger Server Action page:

Action Description

Specifies the description of the action. For example, the description can be "Delete all information stored" if the configured action is Remote Wipe.

I had also added some further info to original post (about differences in device info) before I saw your reply.. any ideas on this one?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: CPPM and device informaiton

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:38 AM
    Those are triggers to an EMM solution. If you’re not using one, they’re not used.

• 5.  RE: CPPM and device informaiton

Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:43 AM

Thanks.. so those devices that have been onboared using our MDM (Mobile Iron) and known to CP, CP could instruct a remote wipe, but not those just onboarded directly?

• 6.  RE: CPPM and device informaiton

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 08:51 AM
    Yes, correct, but you generally want to initiate EMM commands in the EMM platform itself.