Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:26 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

After upgrading my CPPM (publisher) this morning it seems to be stalled.

If you check the manual:

4. The upgrade is complete only when all of the following conditions are true:

-a. When you log in to the CLI as appadmin, the message “CPPM upgrade in progress…” is not displayed.

-b. You can access the Policy Manager Administration user interface.

-c. In the Event Viewer, an “Upgrade complete” event is registered.

-d. All system services are running.

A&B are ok, C is not shown and D is ok for 50%

In the event viewer I see the error in attach.

Any ideas? Reboot / revert / or wait... (it's already 3 hours since I started)...

• 2.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:36 AM

I recommend that you call Aruba TAC. Any issue that effects writing the database that ClearPass cannot resolve itself is serious enough to warrant some concerned action.

• 3.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:04 AM

We see this issue db write service unstable backlog, when any db file got stuck during process, we need to check FDB log by logging in to SHELL and move hung file to temp folder and restart service to fix it.

You need to work with TAC team to resolve this issue.

• 4.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:47 AM

open a case please

• 5.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

Posted Apr 03, 2020 09:09 AM

As suggested I opened a case for TAC, and it was needed. 
    The database hung during the upgrade. A reboot alone was not enough, we reset the complete database, and then we had some issues with the certificates and licensing...

Long story short, if you encounter something simular, open a TAC!  

• 6.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2020 05:46 PM

Happy you got this resolved. Would you mind disclosing what versions you were upgrading from and to?

• 7.  RE: CPPM error "DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7" during upgrade

Posted Apr 04, 2020 04:48 AM

Hi bobfiler,

It was no major upgrade. We've done this flawlessly before. This minor upgrade was from 6.8.3 to 6.8.5.