Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM licensing lockout

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM licensing lockout

Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:49 AM

I have a question regarding the licensing of Clearpass. I am aware of the rolling average system for the licensing however if I enable Guest access using the free 25 licenses that come with policy manager and the usage is consistently over the 25 limit will I be locked-out of making configuration changes. Does this mean that I will not be able to configure services in policy manager. Could be dangerous if the primary reason for CPPM is the RADIUS authentications and the 25 licenses are just used as a tester.

• 2.  RE: CPPM licensing lockout
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2014 11:14 AM

If the guest count is exceeded, the CPPM UI is not locked.  The CPPM UI becomes locked only if the AAA license is exceeded for 4 out 6 months.  If you repeatedly exceed the Guest license (30 day average of per-day total for 4 out of 6 months), the Guest UI is locked out.

• 3.  RE: CPPM licensing lockout

Posted Feb 10, 2014 02:01 PM
    Thats a relief, thanks for clearing that up.

This is a confidential email. Ensign may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily Ensign.
    Ensign Communications Ltd
    Tel: +44 (0)1929 556553
    Company Number: 5590654
    Registered in England
    Registered Office: 20-21 Sandford Lane Industrial Estate, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4DY
    VAT Registration Number: GB 355865810