Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

Posted Apr 24, 2015 08:56 AM
      |   view attached

Hi everyone,

I have setup up a guest portal with a sponsorship. The guest enter his sponsor email address and his own email address in order to be able to access the guest Wi-Fi network.

However, when I test the portal, I never receive any email even though I configured it to send email to both the guest and the sponsor.

In the application log in ClearPass Guest I get what I have included as an attachment.

When I test the SMTP server in CPPM, everything works fine.

Thank you in advance for your help!

• 2.  RE: CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

MVP
    Posted Apr 24, 2015 09:12 AM

Hi Francois,

Did you modify any settings in the Sponsor's Email field? Can you try standing up another test registration page with sponsor registration and testing that to see if you get the same error? 

• 3.  RE: CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

Posted Apr 24, 2015 09:19 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Michael,

I use the Sponsor's Email field in the registration form. I use this field to send an email to the sponsor asking her/him to activate the visitor account. (see attachement).

Does it make sense?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

MVP
    Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:03 AM

Thanks Francois,

That makes sense, but when you built the form, did you modify any of the fields? For instance, where you can enable/disable fields, did you modify the sponsor's email field at all or is it still default? 

Also, what code is ClearPass running?

• 5.  RE: CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails

Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:10 AM

Hi Michael,

I didn't modify the field, I activated it though in the registration form so it would appear. I have included the details of the fields as attachments.

I am running ClearPass 6.4.0.30482.

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: CPPM not sending guest and sponsor emails
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Hi Michael,

It is now working. I don't really know why but it started to work at one point. It might be something about ClearPass or something else on the network. I didn't change the configuration of the guest portal though...

Thank you for your help anyway.

François