Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM serial number

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 07:39 AM

How do I identify a particular instance of CPPM VM as I need to transfer some licenses. The subscription ID is the same for all devices in the cluster.

• 2.  RE: CPPM serial number

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 07:41 AM
    Log in to the appropriate server and click the version number at the bottom right.

• 3.  RE: CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 07:43 AM

It says serial number : None

Could this be because its a VM?

• 4.  RE: CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 07:54 AM
    If you have the email with the certificate IDs it should right under it

• 5.  RE: CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 07:57 AM

Right, I have this info, but I need to know how this links to the individual VM instance as they were all purchased at the same time.

• 6.  RE: CPPM serial number

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 08:35 AM

SSH into the box and run "show license", then correlate the Product Key with the certificate/serial number in your licensing account.

• 7.  RE: CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 10:33 AM

Thanks for the help - I have managed to identify two devices, however the other two were re-installs with new licenses generated so I do not have a correlation to a serial number. I guess I will just have to get TAC involved to sort this out. Finding a serial number - surely there should be a simpler way of doing this sort of thing!!!!!

• 8.  RE: CPPM serial number

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 10:34 AM
    TAC should be able to figure it out with the server's license key.

• 9.  RE: CPPM serial number

Posted Jun 19, 2014 10:36 PM

@MattF wrote:

Right, I have this info, but I need to know how this links to the individual VM instance as they were all purchased at the same time.

IF you look at the licensing.arubanetworks.com you can match the license key >certification ID>serial number

• 10.  RE: CPPM serial number

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 05:00 PM

so there's not a command to find the serial number in the CLI?