Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!

Posted Oct 13, 2013 11:20 AM

Hi Guys

With  CPPM v5 we were able to select ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same time

With CPPM v.6 this option is not there, is there any way that can allow us to see  request from all servers at once.

s.png

Please advise, Thanks,

Me

• 2.  RE: CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2013 01:14 PM

We submitted a feature request for this.

• 3.  RE: CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!

Posted Oct 13, 2013 01:22 PM
    Ok, Thanks for the info.
    So - its a feature that was and after v6 its gone?

• 4.  RE: CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2013 11:46 PM

Yes there is a feature request for this, but one note on access tracker to keep in mind is if you have a large cluster with a lot of client activity you need to consider the appliance/VM load.

There are few people that like to make waves about the VM requirements when deploying CPPM. 

I have a few customers that are doing more than 2 million auths per day. So one of the things that people dont think about in the publisher is what kind of impact that would have on processing power for live streaming and data searches when you have all requests turned on.

I would just ask that everyone take that in account when working with clusters and start considering appliance/VM load. I'm sure TAC would appriciate it if we help by starting with a proper design. :)

• 5.  RE: CPPM v5 ‘ALL’ in access tracker and see requests from all servers on the same - where in v6?!
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 14, 2013 03:30 AM

Thank u all for sharing with me info regarding my question. :smileywink:

Here is the offical TAC answer regarding this question (At least for now) :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The option to select ALL in the data filter from Access Tracker is removed from Clearpass 6.x onwards. This feature was a process overhead on the Publisher and hence it was removed from 6.x.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great week you all AirHeads :)

Me.