Security

Col
Occasional Contributor II

Can ClearPass send a RADIUS framed-mtu value to wireless client?

Can ClearPass send a RADIUS framed-mtu value to wireless clients at the beginning of the EAP-TLS session?

In some integrations we see that firewalls drop fragmented UDP (RADIUS) and in ClearPass the Access Tracker tells us that the wireless client did not complete the EAP-TLS transaction. In this scenario I am seeing EAP-TLS Client Hello frames above 1600 Bytes from my Aruba IAP virtual controller. These large frames get fragmented by the infrastrcuture and dropped by a firewall policy. Consequently, ClearPass and the wireless client do not complete EAP-TLS.

I know that Microsoft NPS can send a Framed-MTU as part of a Network Policy [https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Tutorial-EAP-TLS-Configuration-Guide/td-p/78592]. 

Guru Elite

Re: Can ClearPass send a RADIUS framed-mtu value to wireless client?

Administration » Server Manager » Server Configuration > Service Parameters > RADIUS: EAP-TLS Fragment Size

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Col

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the quick response. The default EAP-TLS Fragment Size on ClearPass is 1024. My wireless clients still send EAP-TLS client hello messages in excess of 1600 Bytes.

Guru Elite

Please work with Aruba TAC.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Col

I took my query there before coming here. The ClearPass and Wireless Aruba TAC teams did not have a solution.

Guru Elite

Please ask for your case to be escalated.

Col

Thanks Tim.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: