Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 10:59 AM

Here is the issue I am having:

We have students that are living in the dorms of another college. We partner with this organization often, so they requested that our students be able to authenticate to our Clearpass instance while in the remote dorms.

The college dorms use ISE for authentication to their wireless. Is there a way for ISE to somehow forward these RADIUS requests to us and have these students authenticate using the credentials they have from us?

• 2.  RE: Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 11:05 AM

Are you using an eduroam SSID? If so have you looked into using an eduroam proxy to allow authentications form other eduroam colleges?

• 3.  RE: Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 11:07 AM

We are not using eduroam at this time, but it is being considered. Especially if the solution I am proposing above is not possible.

I've heard some headache stories setting up eduroam though.

• 4.  RE: Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 11:11 AM

OK. I'm not too sure specifically about ISE proxying the RADIUS requests to ClearPass. If you could, then I would assume you can add their RADIUS server as a network device, and configure a shared secret.

• 5.  RE: Can Clearpass Accept Credentials from another RADIUS server?