Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:10 AM

We are implementing captive protal and have found that if we allow preauthenticated guest users to hit the ClearPass server via http/https they can get to any website on the server.  I am hoping to restrict access, via ACL on the controller, to a nonstandard port.  Can we configure Apache to listen on a nonstandard port for a website?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:42 AM

You can restrict access to other elements of Clearpass under the Server Administration configuration for the clearpass server. Go to the Network tab and apply ACL's to the other areas i.e. the /tips access.

You can also add allow and deny ACLs on each Clearpass Guest web login page to only allow access from specific hosts or subnets.

This should give you the ability to restrict what particular subnets can see on Clearpass and therefore you shouldn't need to change the port of the web server.

• 3.  RE: Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?

Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:49 AM
    So, I like that potential option but I would rather listen on a non
    standard port. I am not a Clearpass admin. Is the apache backend
    configurable/reachable?

• 4.  RE: Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2015 11:59 AM

No, there is currently no option to change the web server port.

Thanks,

Zach

• 5.  RE: Can a ClearPass (Apache) captive portal website be configured to listen on a non standard port?

Posted Apr 16, 2015 12:07 PM
    10-4. Thanks.