Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't save changes to enforcement profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can't save changes to enforcement profile

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:44 PM

I'm trying to update our enforement policies to accomidate our upcomming BYOD, and I've encounterd a problem where I can't save changes to the policies.  I can't save edits to the rules or the name.  

I've tried rebooting clearpass without sucsess.  I was then going to update and I found I did not have the  subscription id entered, so I tried to do that, and I received a message "null", and it did not save the id.  Then I tried to download and manually upload the file to update and I received another error, "Content-type "application/unknown" is not supported".

Help!

• 2.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:46 PM
    Have you installed the admin ui patch?

• 3.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:52 PM

I don't expect that I have, as I haven't automatic updates, I have been unaware updates were availble until today.

I'm currently running 6.1.0.50820 and was trying to update to 6.2.0.54353.  Did I miss a required step between?

• 4.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:55 PM
    I would install the admin UI fix that should be listed under updates and
    see if that fixes the null issue. If I remember correctly the patch only
    restarts the web UI process after install; no server reboot necessary.

• 5.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:56 PM

Please contact TAC for the proper procedure and guidance.  If this is a VM, there are steps you need to take and check on before upgrading to 6.2 like adding another hard drive (SCSI 0:2).  

• 6.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

Posted Jul 26, 2013 03:55 PM

OK, I've downloaded and tried to import the admin ui patch.  I did not get any error, but also it does not list the package as an available update.  So did it automatically install or did the import fail?  I'm still on the same 6.1.0.50820 build.  Also the other updates now do the same.  Upload the file, then the upload box disappears, then nothing...

• 7.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 03:57 PM

Unfortunately, this requires you to do the update via the CLI.  Hence the urgency to open a TAC case

• 8.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

Posted Jul 26, 2013 03:59 PM

We do have the second hd inplace, we were advised of this before deployement and added it right away.

• 9.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 04:26 PM

To apply the patch, SSH into the box using the appadmin credentials.

system upgrade CPPM-x86_64-20130418-admin-hang-fix-patch.bin -l

(lower case L)

• 10.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

Posted Jul 26, 2013 04:29 PM

After installing the admin ui patch and then the "ClearPass 6.1 Cumulative Patch 2" manually from the CLI as described in readme from the 6.1 downloads folder, not the patches folder, I am now running 6.1.2.53442, and imediate issues are resolved.  Now back to what I was working on...

cappalli, thanks for the help.  Your are amazingly fast with these replies, but I beat you to the answer that time.... I was typing this as i got the email notice about your reply.

• 11.  RE: Can't save changes to enforcement profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 04:30 PM

So...if you want to upgrade to 6.2, make sure SCSI 0:2 is present in vSphere.  It is a smooth process.