Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal Issues with MAC devices

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Issues with MAC devices

Posted Sep 01, 2019 09:24 PM

I have deployed IAP in 2 floors of our building. On the 16th floor, mac/apple devices can connect properly with the captive portal. However, when they go to the 15th floor, they will be reconnected to the network but will be prompted with a WEP password instead of the captive portal username and password sign in page. I'm running Aruba Instant OS 8.5 on an Aruba IAP 303. What is the possible cause of this problem? Is there any configuration that I missed?

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal Issues with MAC devices

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 02, 2019 03:06 AM

Are the IAPs all part of the same VC Cluster? Is there any 3rd party/rogue APs within your environment?

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal Issues with MAC devices

Posted Sep 02, 2019 04:56 AM

Yes, they are all part of the same VC cluster. As for the rogue part, I can't confirm it since android devices is having no problem with captive portal connection. Is there any more possible cause for this kind of behavior ? Or is it an isolated problem concerning device compatibility?