Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal - LDAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Mar 08, 2013 05:58 AM

Hi All,

Im struggling to enable LDAP as part of the authentication process for the captive portal, Im hoping ive missed somthing daft that someone can point out to me :catlol:

• The LDAP server settings are good, "Authentication Successful" when running the AAA-test
    • The AAA Profile is setup to allow the internal DB and the LDAP server as authenication methods.

When I atempt to login to the capive portal using AD credentials, I get authentication failed, while if I attempt an internal db login it works fine.

Just on the off chance Ive put the ldap server at the top of the list but still, authentication failed @ the portal.

Thanks for your help guys,

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Mar 08, 2013 06:07 AM

Figured it out - its amasing what reading the manual can do.

Thanks anyway :)

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Mar 08, 2013 03:31 PM

feel free to post your solution, someone might run into the same issue and search here.

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Nov 24, 2015 07:34 PM

Hi, Could you share how you configured or fixed it?

I'll appreciate your help.

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Dec 20, 2015 09:17 AM

i would in general advise against LDAP, it causes issues, if you can just use RADIUS.

• 6.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

Posted Jan 17, 2020 02:45 AM

Can you show the step by step solution?
    I'm running into this problem as well.

• 7.  RE: Captive Portal - LDAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 05:14 AM

Closing this thread because it is from 2015.  Please open another thread with your specific information.