Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

Posted Jul 10, 2014 04:58 AM

Hi guys!

I'm new to aruba world.

I would like to ask you if it's possible, using clearpass, to create a captive portal, not to register users but to get some information about them (Like name, country, phone, etc).

After the user submits this info he/she well be able to have full access to the internet.

Possible?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2014 06:09 AM

Yes, it is possible.  In the ClearPass Guest User Guide:

"

Customizing Guest Manager

Guest Manager allows the entire guest account provisioning process to be customized. This is useful in many different situations, such as:

Self-registration – Allow your guests to self-register and create their own temporary visitor accounts.

Visitor surveys – Define custom fields to store data of interest to you, and collect this information from guests

using customized forms.

l Branded print receipts – Add your own branding images and text to print receipts.

l SMS and email receipts – Include a short text message with your guest’s username and password, or send HTML emails containing images.

l Advanced customization – ClearPass Guest is flexible and can be used to provide location sensitive content and advertising. 

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal for "Registration" purposes only

Posted Jul 10, 2014 06:14 AM

Hi!

Thank you!

I will  read the documentation about it.