Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal with WPA2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal with WPA2

Posted Jun 25, 2014 02:52 PM
    Hi Airheads,

How can i configure a Captive Portal with WPA2 Enterprise?. I'm trying to do it redirecting the WPA2 authenticated user to a role with captive portal, but the ssid don't work. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal with WPA2
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2014 03:05 PM
    So after the device gets place on the captive portal what will happen after that?

Just to understand what you are trying to accomplish .

You will need to add the redirect on the 802.1x default role the user will get after a successful Auth , you need to create a L3 Auth profile and attach the captive portal profile to the user-role

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal with WPA2

Posted Nov 04, 2014 02:51 PM

I'm having a similar issue but i believe it's setup right.  

I have the L3 auth setup  - default role is the guest-cp-role and default guest role is also the same (just testing for now - simply want to get to captive portal web).  Login page is set to https://ip 

Under the AAA Profile I have initial role, MAC role, and 802.1X role all set to guest-cp-role

The guest-cp-role has the captive portal L3 auth under it and allows DHCP and 443 traffic only to that captive portal host.

I get on, am able to get an IP from that network, but can't telnet on 443 to that box or anything... any ideas on what I could've missed?  Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal with WPA2

Posted Nov 04, 2014 03:24 PM

Scratch that - I'll open up a new ticket as it can be a bit different than what this was. Thanks!