Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal with no authentication possible?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal with no authentication possible?

Posted Feb 28, 2012 09:11 AM

We are trying to setup guest access in our environment to allow patrons to be able to connect and surf the web.  We don't want to require any authentication, but we want them to have to agree to our terms and conditions.  Does anyone know how I can set this up?  It seems that the captive portal wants some sort of authentication, or an email address before it lets the user move on.  I've already been told, that they do not want to ask for peoples email addresses.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal with no authentication possible?

Posted Feb 28, 2012 10:23 AM

Please search for answer ID 154  under ArubaOS KB

http://support.arubanetworks.com/ArubaOSKB/tabid/111/Default.aspx

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal with no authentication possible?

Posted Feb 28, 2012 10:25 AM

You should be able to accomplish this by requiring Captive Portal with no authentication/email (easy to select using the WLAN wizard).  Then go to the Captive Portal configuration under "Management" and add your Acceptable Use Policy.  This should present the guest users with the AUP and they will need to click "Ok" before gaining access.  No email/user required.

Let me know if that works or if you have any issues.

-Mike