Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

Posted Jul 18, 2013 07:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all,
    i've setted up the captive portal on my controller and it is perfectly working (not talking about clearpass, the integrated one), i've customized my guest login page and also managed to use my company website as welcome page.

The boss, anyway, doesn't like captive portals and do not want people to authenticate in order to use the guest network, BUT he is loving the pop-up effect (on apple devices) of the company website as welcome page.

In order to make my boss happy i've tried to disable user and guest login, but disabling them the welcome page will not show, the popup becomes a blank page with a "success" string on top left.

do you guys have an idea how to popup my welcome page also without guest nor user login ?

thankyou

• 2.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2013 07:06 AM

Did you try the knowledgebase article here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

• 3.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:11 AM

yes. the KB you linked is on how to create captive portal with custom pages basing on guest OR user login.

maybe i did not explained myself clear (my bad english may be the cause), i need no login at all, just the welcome page.

My captive portal and my custom (external website) welcome page are working perfectly, with "guest login" or "user login" or both of them.

I would like to have the welcome page even if both options "guest login" and "user logins" are disabled.

this would translate in no login at all, just a welcome page (redirecting to my company website) popping up at connection time on Apple's device.

so i changed my (working) captive portal config from security -> auth -> L3 -> captive portal prof and simply un-checking both "guest login" and "user login"

but, instead of my welcome page, a blank page, with "success" wrote on top left of it, pops up when i connect.
    If i check back "guest login" again my external website is shown again as welcome page.

can a welcome page be shown also without authentication ?
    is there another way to reach my Boss's goal ?

• 4.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:16 AM

@Marco.Pistolesi wrote:

yes. the KB you linked is on how to create captive portal with custom pages basing on guest OR user login.

maybe i did not explained myself clear (my bad english may be the cause), i need no login at all, just the welcome page.

My captive portal and my custom (external website) welcome page are working perfectly, with "guest login" or "user login" or both of them.

I would like to have the welcome page even if both options "guest login" and "user logins" are disabled.

this would translate in no login at all, just a welcome page (redirecting to my company website) popping up at connection time on Apple's device.

so i changed my (working) captive portal config from security -> auth -> L3 -> captive portal prof and simply un-checking both "guest login" and "user login"

but, instead of my welcome page, a blank page with "success" wrote un top left corner pops me up when i connect.
    If i check back "guest login" again my external website is sown again as welcome page.

The page in the link is how to create a page that only has and "accept' button  "To provide users with a Captive Portal page that requires no user entry, but just a button to accept Internet use terms conditions, we must work around these requirements."

First things first...what version of ArubaOS are you running?

The "success" looks like what an Apple Device will attempt to connect to to determine if to present the captive portal to a user.  Please see the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Ipad-and-Captive-Portal-Problem/td-p/13861 for details on how to prevent that.

• 5.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:23 AM

oooops !!
    i misunderstood it reading step 3)

Step 3: Define a new captive portal profile "public-cp".
    (config)# aaa authentication captive-portal "public-cp"
    no user-logon
    guest-logon
    no logout-popup-window
    no enable-welcome-page

so i suppose the magic comes from the HTML of the initial page.. it simply gives always the same "guest login" to the captive portal "guest authentication"

now i give it a try and report back.

i'm on 6.1.3.5

• 6.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:41 AM

yes, it works !
    so the magic is on "posting" always the same users to the next page.
    i could also manage to post it automatically.

thank you and excuse me for my 1st response, i should RTFM more carefoully. ;)

• 7.  RE: Captive portal Welcome page without guest login nor user login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:41 AM

No problem.  Glad you could resolve your issue.