Security

New Contributor

Captive portal auth - return users seamless login

Guys if I am using captive portal auth on e.g. a WLC (7220) can I log mac addresses to allow return users to log in seamlessly - if so how is this configured ? Do I need another component / module / license ?

I would be looking to put a timeout of say a week on this...  Are there documented limits on e.g. the MAC table assuming this is available ?

Basically I am building a BOM against requirements ... and this is one stated REQ..

Guru Elite

Re: Captive portal auth - return users seamless login

You would use the ClearPass platform for this. It's a feature called MAC-caching.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

A little bit of Kudos there Tim - thanks for your timely response ..   I will look to put up Clear Pass for NAC - Q. (Anyone) How does it interact with my WLC ...  i.e. how are client requests that hit the WLC handled - do I host the web portal on the WLC which then offloads profiling to CP ... Or does CP host the web portal and does all auth / profiling from there ? Have looked at the user / config guides ... I really need architecture solution diocuments ...  

Guru Elite

ClearPass hosts the web portal and handles the policy decisions. The WLC simply redirects web traffic to ClearPass when unauthenticated.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: