Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal login page

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Captive portal login page

Posted Aug 21, 2013 01:53 PM

Hello i would like to know if someone of you have modified page?

I would like to have a login for example in which the one  you just put the email and you click summit and you get in.

But instead asking the email address i would like to put a box which ask you his full name(and thats the user i would see on the controller)

Also another field asking the room number and thats it.

Anyone got any idea how to do this?

i mean i really don tknow html :(

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Captive portal login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 04:11 PM

On the built-in controller captive portal you cannot do this because:

1.  Users can put whatever they want, so it might be of little value.

2.  For One Click Guest Access, the controller expects that field to be an email address, not a room number

3.  You cannot collect, display or report the results of other fields on that page in the controller

• 3.  RE: Captive portal login page

Posted Aug 21, 2013 07:59 PM

Well the thing is that the client requirents are:

Let the guest log in but make them input their name, after they input their name then its okay they can get in.

I dont want to ask them email as their clients will think its to spam them their email... so they do not want to do that.

They dont want to use username and password either....

They just want a box that says User name another box that says room maybe and click log in and then let them in automatically.

They know that anyone will be able to get in... but they want that.  And i was wondering if it possible... they are thinking in buying the clearpass but later not now...

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Captive portal login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:10 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Well the thing is that the client requirents are:

Let the guest log in but make them input their name, after they input their name then its okay they can get in.

I dont want to ask them email as their clients will think its to spam them their email... so they do not want to do that.

They dont want to use username and password either....

They just want a box that says User name another box that says room maybe and click log in and then let them in automatically.

They know that anyone will be able to get in... but they want that.  And i was wondering if it possible... they are thinking in buying the clearpass but later not now...

Cheers

Carlos

Carlos,

Does the customer care if the name or room is valid or not?  We can put a form that is not validated and have the user input anything in there like name and room, and as long as they accept the terms, they will be allowed on.  We cannot do anything with the information on that form, however.

• 5.  RE: Captive portal login page

Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:17 PM

Yes thats right

They dont care if the input is valid or not for now...  The internet in hotels here most of them are free, their internet for their guest are free...

Guess they just want the feeling like other hotels in which they ask for the name and the room in which they really actually do something with the information...

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: Captive portal login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 09:14 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Yes thats right

They dont care if the input is valid or not for now...  The internet in hotels here most of them are free, their internet for their guest are free...

Guess they just want the feeling like other hotels in which they ask for the name and the room in which they really actually do something with the information...

Cheers

Carlos

Well,

We can create a variation of the HTML page here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154 that has a box that does nothing, that the user can put his/her name, then room number and click on accept...