Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

Posted Jan 09, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi everyone.

Having an issue with the redirect function in IAP and Clearpass together with Internet Explorer. Have configured an Captive Portal Profile on IAP that specifiy the Clearpass server and /guest/login.php on port 80 (http). Everything is working fine on Firefox and Chrome but on Internet Explorer and Edge the redirection URL get messed up. It seems that IE instead of making a correct redirection it appends /guest/login.php_blablabla on the URL the user tried to access for example www.wow.com becomes www.wow.com/guest/login.php_blalbalbalblabla

I understand others have similiar issues with Internet Explorer and I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem. I would like to use port 80, http and RADIUS if possible.

Thanks.

Best regards

Petter

• 2.  RE: Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

Posted Jan 24, 2017 07:14 PM

Petter,

I'm having the same issue and was wondering if you found a fix for this?

I have a bit more info to add, if you change the FQDN to the clearpass server it will show the page without an error. Using your example and the clearpass server FQDN being CPPM.DOMAIN.COM:

Redirect takes you to: www.wow.com/guest/login.php_blalbalbalblabla

Change it to: CPPM.DOMAIN.COM/guest/login.php_blalbalbalblabla

Any help would be great.

• 3.  RE: Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2017 01:33 AM

Hi everyone.

This is what helped me out:

• Changed the captive portal settings on the VC:
      • Changed from IP address to FQDN
      • Use https
      • Use port 443
    • Installed a real issued *-cert on the virtual controller.
    • Installed a real issued *-cert on Clearpass.
    • On Clearpass changed the address from securelogin.arubanetworks.com to captiveportal-login.your.domain

Best regards,

Petter

• 4.  RE: Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

Posted May 26, 2018 11:56 PM

Hi Petter,

How can I install new cert?

Where to change address in Clearpass?

• Installed a real issued *-cert on the virtual controller.
    • Installed a real issued *-cert on Clearpass.
    • On Clearpass changed the address from securelogin.arubanetworks.com to captiveportal-login.your.domain

• 5.  RE: Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

Posted May 29, 2018 02:36 AM

Hi.

Please refer to Arubas configuration guides regarding installing certificates on the virtual controller and Clearpass Policy Manager.

To change the address have a look at:

Clearpass Guest -> Configuration/Pages/webpages

Edit your page.

Change the Address field and you are set.

-Petter

• 6.  RE: Captive portal redirect with Internet Explorer on Clearpass 6.6.2 & IAP 6.5.0

Posted Jun 03, 2018 10:37 PM

Thank you.

I will read on the guide.