Security

Occasional Contributor II

Central login for all switches / airwave

Got Airwave installed and approx 50 switches, looking to integrate it with a windows 2016 server for login. Got some users in a security group that I would like to be able to login to airwave / individual switches with their own accounts.

Is there a simple way to implement this? Is it better to do from airwave and somehow filter down to the switches? I want staff to use personal logins from the windows server to track any changes ...

Thanks
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Central login for all switches / airwave

You could setup a management authenticaiton as Radius  on Airwave and use NPS on AD 2016. you could create different role's to on Airwave. I guess you could do the same thing on Switches too, not sure on switches part. 

-If you got what you need with my answer please give kudos and mark it as solution.

Thanks

That worked well for Airwave ... anyway I can set all my switches to use Airwave as the authentication source or would these need directly setting to the 2016 server?
MVP Expert

To do the management login to the switch you would have to set the 2016 server directly with the switch. The config you have done would be management authentication only to Airwave server.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

Thanks ... turns out we’re getting Clearpass so can have the switches go to that :-)
MVP Expert

Excellent choice :)

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: