Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Central login for all switches / airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Central login for all switches / airwave

Posted Jun 28, 2019 05:42 PM
    Got Airwave installed and approx 50 switches, looking to integrate it with a windows 2016 server for login. Got some users in a security group that I would like to be able to login to airwave / individual switches with their own accounts.

Is there a simple way to implement this? Is it better to do from airwave and somehow filter down to the switches? I want staff to use personal logins from the windows server to track any changes ...

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Central login for all switches / airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2019 06:07 PM

You could setup a management authenticaiton as Radius  on Airwave and use NPS on AD 2016. you could create different role's to on Airwave. I guess you could do the same thing on Switches too, not sure on switches part. 

• 3.  RE: Central login for all switches / airwave

Posted Jun 29, 2019 07:19 AM
    Thanks

That worked well for Airwave ... anyway I can set all my switches to use Airwave as the authentication source or would these need directly setting to the 2016 server?

• 4.  RE: Central login for all switches / airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 12:52 PM

To do the management login to the switch you would have to set the 2016 server directly with the switch. The config you have done would be management authentication only to Airwave server.

• 5.  RE: Central login for all switches / airwave

Posted Jul 02, 2019 01:01 PM
    Thanks ... turns out we’re getting Clearpass so can have the switches go to that :-)

• 6.  RE: Central login for all switches / airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 01:03 PM

Excellent choice :)